Wednesday 10 September 2014

The last of the summer pastels


 



Hello all! I'm still here, you can't get rid of me. I'm like that one annoying spot that everyone has that goes away for a bit and then suddenly appears again in full force when you least expect it.  It's finally coming to the end of the longest summer of my life and so much has happened since I was last here! Apart from Zante I've been lucky enough to go on amazing trips to Amsterdam and Dublin with my friends, both of which were so much fun.

I also managed to get AAB in my a levels which means I will be off to the University of Birmingham to study English Liteature, something which when I picked up my very shoddy results last year I could have never imagined happening and is totally exciting. I mean, I've spent the last couple of days doing pretendy grown up things like buying cutlery and a kettle and bleach. MENTAL!  I should probably take this time to apologise to the teachers who I threw brat strops at which went along the line of 'WHY AM I EVEN DOING THIS?! I'M NOT GOING TO GET IN ANYWAY. I DON'T WANT TO WRITE THIS FREAKIN PERSONAL STATEMENT/ESSAY/COURSEWORK'.

What else have you missed out on in my super exciting life? I've made three dresses, seeing as I've had a fair amount of spare time haha. I got a tattoo (it's the bird illustration from my copy of To Kill A Mockingbird AKA MY FAVOURITE BOOK EVER). I also had my own little Rust and Stardust stall at a local vintage fair which I was totally proud of, especially seeing as I was the only clothing one there and I had sourced and put together everything. It was super great having people coming up and telling me what a lovely collection of clothes I had because those dresses were like my orphan children I had taken in, washed and cared for. Not that I would sell orphan children on at a profit, that is not the point I wanted to make with that analogy.

It's so strange that I'll be leaving the town and the people I've grown so familiar to and comfortable with over the past 18 years, for a place I hardly know and people I know though strenuous Facebook stalking. s/o to all the pretty girls I've been put in a flat with, making me work that little bit harder on my selling point as 'the funny friend'.

I don't know if I'll keep coming back to this blog or not. I may do just as a space to come and chat some shit, but I imagine it will be in a totally different way to way I envisioned using this blog when I  started it when i was 13/14. I guess what I'm trying to say is wish me luck and look out for my persistent spot face popping up every now and then!


My dress is vintage and my jumper is from Zara.

0 Whispered words: